- 200 ml AP flour
- 50 ml rye flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sugar (to taste)
- 50 g cold butter (cut into small cubes)
- ½-1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper (to taste)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 200 ml cream cheese (curd cheese)
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and pepper. Rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles the breadcrumbs (better to pulse in a food processor). Add the cream cheese and milk to bring mixture together.
- Knead lightly to form dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into an 11-inch circle. Fit into a 9-inch round tart pan (or spring form pan), pressing dough into corners. Transfer to freezer to chill for 20 minutes.